Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Finished making sense

I pulled down the scaffolding in my body
ground it up into a crystal powder
and distributed it on the street corner
where the building I grew up in used to stand.

Alive and naked and ready to go
he was waiting for me when I got home.
I said: I’m sorry babe, I’ve sold my bones.
He said: that’s just like you, I should have known.

He got dressed and I watched him go.

I’ve survived on nicotine and Life
these past few cold and empty nights,
but I am finished making sense of this
and living under false pretenses.

2 comments:

Max said...

could you put this to music do you think?

HoldMyGaze said...

hm...i personally could not, having very limited musical talent, but i suppose it could be done. I do have a habit of singing my poems to random tunes where no one can hear...

it's been ages. come home someday. adam needs someone to put him in his place.